Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year, Same Goal

It's January again.

Seems like just yesterday, I was starting the 2012  folders on my laptop, the 2012 diary, thinking through all the things that might happen in the new year, making plans, setting goals.


And now the year is over.

Time to do it all again. 
 


As I look over the goals I wrote down a year ago, one in particular stands out to me: “Grow closer to God and become more like Him.”


I think through everything that happened in 2012.


All the times God challenged me to take a step of faith.
All the times He answered prayer....whether it was what I expected or not.
All the times He sent me a little blessing that I wasn't expecting.
All the times I failed him and He forgave me.
All the little lessons He taught me using 'mundane' things.
All the times I had a glimpse of His glory and power even in this sin-filled world.


And I realize that though I might feel that I failed Him over and over again,
He still used me, still cared for me, still taught me,
and still drew me nearer Himself.


I wouldn't change a moment of it.


Maybe this year didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.
But in it I learned more about my Lord,
and slowly but surely I'm becoming more like Him.


Now I face a new year.
New challenges, new lessons, new experiences.
God will stretch me, test me, grow me.
And I look forward to what this year holds.


Even though it's a new year--a time of new goals, resolutions, and fresh starts--I'll have the same goal I have every year.

Because each year that goes by, I want to reflect God more.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post, Micaela! It really encouraged me, because last year definitely wasn't what I thought it would be, but, looking back, God's plan being fulfilled is the best thing thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We love to hear from you :D